Trace Software International introduces its new electrical design software to the public.
World leading company specialized in the development of software and services dedicated to the industrial engineering, Trace Software International has released last week its new electrical design software: elec calc™ 2017.
Launched in 1987, Trace Software International has developed throughout the years a unique and extensive expertise in the design of electrical installations. Major actor in the engineering sector, Trace Software International enjoys now a strong worldwide presence thanks to its multiple offices in Europe, Asia and Latin America.
“Just draw, and it’s calculated!”
In 1998, Trace Software International released elec calc™ Classic (formerly named TR-CIEL), its first calculation software. elec calc™ Classic was a turning point for both Trace Software International and the engineering sector. Highly customer-friendly, this revolutionary solution allowed the user to calculate any electrical installation thanks to a one-line diagram.
Since then, Trace Software International has never stopped investing in research and development.
In 2016, elec calc™ 2016 was born. Following elec calc™ Classic, it was aimed at designing one-line diagrams with the ability of sizing low and high voltage installationsalike. For both types of installation, a unique one-line diagram is created, offering the same features: power balance, calculation of short-circuit currents, sizing of wiring systems, calculation of protections and relays, management of the different earthing systems and international standards (IEC, NF …).
elec calc™ was developed to facilitate the process of design, calculation and sizing;while allowing the user to make the most optimal safety and financial choices.
Since its creation, Trace Software International has never stopped reinventing itself. With its deep hunger for innovation, the company has always helped and pushed its engineers and developers to do better. Being continuously creative is a top priority. This philosophy has led to the conception and launching of elec calc™ 2017 on February 9th, 2017.
“The future of calculation is now”
From the components and calculation data to the interface capabilities, eleccalc™ 2017 offers numerous new attributes facilitating the overall design and calculation process for both high and low voltage installations.
Dozens of new features have been added to the previous version, elec calc™ 2016, to ameliorate both the user experience and calculation accuracy, such as:
- RGIE/AREI standard (Belgium);
- Distribution busbar trunking system that takes into account the impedance of the bars in the calculations;
- Generic receiver allowing the preliminary design of your installation;
- Management of cascading to increase the breaking capacity of a circuit-breaker by combination with one of the upstream protections;
- Management of current-limiting and energy-limiting protections to improve the behaviour and the resistance to thermal stress of the components located downstream;
- Supplementary protective equipotential bonding that takes into account the presence of this type of bonding for the calculation of touch voltage;
- Entering protection curves function to enter the various curves (time/current and/or limitation) of the protection devices;
- Improved interface capabilities;
- Importing files function to import files easily from the elec calc™ Classic version…
“elec calc™ 2017 is undoubtedly the software that offers the biggest flexibility and accuracy in order to design, draw and size very quickly and optimally high and low voltage electrical installations in compliance with national or international standards,” Philippe Aupetit, technical director at Trace Software International, said.
Designing and sizing high and low voltage installations of high quality has never been that easy and fast. The work is facilitated and the productivity, boosted. With eleccalc™ 2017, the future of calculation is now.
For more information: http://www.trace-software.com/
Trace Software International
Mieko Tarrius, International Public Relations
+34 934 531 206 - email@example.com
By Mieko Tarrius