This year’s list of IFSEC Global Top Influencers in Security & Fire Safety 2022 unveiled.
Selected from hundreds of nominations and a judging process by a highly respected international panel, the influencer awards span several categories, with those recognised in the list coming from across the globe.
The categories, which are designed to cover roles spanning the sectors, included:
- Commercial Security – End users (including Security Directors/Heads of Security)
- Commercial Security – Security Executives
- Commercial Security – Association Figures/Academics/Thought Leaders
- Cyber Security Professionals
- One to Watch – Security
- Commercial Security – Manufacturers/Vendors/Integrators/Installers
- Fire Safety (Including a ‘One to Watch’ category)
As has become customary over the years, the process consisted of two stages. First, IFSEC Global invited nominations from its audience and beyond. Then, a panel of judges – who also put forward their own (limited) number of nominations – assigned points to each nomination based on the persuasiveness of the nomination, their research into the nominee, and their own knowledge of the nominee’s contributions to the field. Judges were not allowed to vote on those they nominated themselves. The final list was then compiled by Lead Judge, Grant Lecky, based on the judges scores in the security sector, and James Moore, Editor of IFSEC Global, for the Fire Safety sector.
For this IFSEC Global awards, ‘Influencer’ is defined in the several ways, including:
- Someone who has played a key role in driving technological innovation
- Someone who has been a driving force in changing regulation, standards, guidance or best practice
- Someone whose insights and opinions are widely respected and are influential in shaping debate around industry issues
- Someone who has been instrumental in the success of the organisation or business they lead or are employed by
- Someone who has helped to raise the industry’s profile or been an influential voice in the national media
James Moore, Editor of IFSEC Global, commented: “We run these awards each year to celebrate and acknowledge the incredible work and commitment professionals in fire and security sector have. So many go above and beyond in industries that are ultimately about protecting people, property and assets, and it’s always inspiring to read the bios of those who make the final shortlist.
“2022 was once again hugely competitive and testament to the overall quality of professionals working in the sectors on a global scale. I would like to thank all those who submitted nominations and all the judges who took the time to assess the entries and provide their scores.”
Grant Lecky continued his role as Head Judge this year, with Bonnie Butlin also supporting his efforts coordinating the judging process. Grant is co-founder of the Security Partners Forum (SPF), a network of security professionals that fosters greater communication and collaboration between the public, private and non-profit sectors across the globe. Bonnie is also co-founder and Executive Director of the Security Partners Forum, among many other projects.
In addition to the SPF, Grant currently serves as an Expert Network Member (Risk & Resilience) at the World Economic Forum, as member of the global advisory council of the Institute of Strategic Risk Management (ISRM) and is a winner of numerous accolades including a spot on the Canadian Who’s Who and the Bill Zalud Award through the IFPO and Security Magazine.
The ‘Global Security Influencer of the Year’ Award will be announced later this year from a separate panel of judges. The winner will be chosen between the top influencers in the security categories, excluding ‘One to Watch’.
IFSEC Global is a leading news and content resource for those involved in the security and fire safety sectors. Running alongside its sister events, IFSEC International and FIREX International, readers can expect the latest news, updates and opinions from thought leaders and industry.
Entries for the 2023 IFSEC Global Influencers in Security & Fire will open early next year.