Schneider Electric, the World’s Most Sustainable Corporation in 2021 as ranked by Corporate Knights and the leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, announced the Canalis Track Line Series, a power distribution system for server tracks.
The Canalis Track series reimagined the future of servers with front of the line smart digital innovation to deliver flexible, scalable, and sustainable solutions, while building on proven dependability, seamless connectivity and overall electrical durability. It helps improve the continuity of service and reduces waste generated during traditional retrofits.
- This innovative power distribution system delivers 10% energy savings and ROI for businesses by optimizing site energy efficiency and power reliability
- Modular and compact design allows for easy installation and scalability while reducing long-term impact on environment
- Customized colour solutions bring on-site efficiency through effortless power supply identification
With over 40 years' experience of high-performance connection systems, the Canalis Track was designed to serve the needs of data centers looking to maximize their capacity within safe operating limits without being held back by technical, environmental and economic constraints. The power distribution system reduces installation and upgrading complexity, while delivering savings and returns of investments through the following features:
- Adaptable configuration: The modular and compact design of tap-off units provides high connection density and a mix of various configuration, reducing installation and upgrading time.
- Compact footprint: With the ability to be fitted edgewise or flatwise, the compact design with 60% size reduction enables no loss of space along the run and allows for efficient installation space.
- Proven connectivity and maintenance: Fully compatible with the Canalis KS series, innovative technology of silvered copper contact ensures all connections are hassle and maintenance-free, while easy customized colour solution allows for easy identification of different power supplies on-site.
- Full-scale protection: Smart interlocking features guarantee a safe customer journey by ensuring power cut-off before the box can be removed.
- Highly reliable and ready for harsh environment: Improved auxiliary contacts (17V,1mA,10-8) enable better reliability in harsh environment and conform to high density PLC input applications.
Rohan Kelkar, EVP Power Products Division at Schneider Electric said: “it is expected that 65% of global GDP will be digitalized by 2022, making data centres the foundation of the modern economy and part of the critical infrastructure we’ve come to rely on our professional and personal lives. We are committed to empowering data centres operations with flexible, scalable and safe solutions that ensures reliability of mission-critical applications, while helping reduce their environmental footprint at pace and having the right flexibility to scale operations safely and securely.”